- What is dental implant? Is the surgery painful?
Many people are surprised when you find out how simple it is a dental implant surgery, because they let imagination take it before, although they have not yet gone through the proper procedure. The reality is that most patients do not feel pain during the operation because it is done under local anesthesia.
Dental implants replace lost tooth root. The implant inserted in the bone, after it has been osteointegrat, it will screw the Crown achieved in the laboratory. It will be customized for each individual patient.
Definitive Crown is carried out every 3-6 months after the intervention, depending on the individual case. Until then the patient is achieved a provisional Crown.
Most modern dental implant systems are manufactured from titanium or titanium alloys. This metal has a unique ability to merge directly to the bone through a process known as Osseo-integration ("Osseo"-os; "integration"-merger with). It is extremely important that the implant should be designed in a way that will maximize the contact surface of the alloy with bone, so common are implants in the form of a spiral, a set screw. This allows the implant to be placed with great accuracy and stable.
The shape of the screw of implant seems to be what is causing fear and pain sensation; having put a screw in the bone, but it sounds painful reality is actually the opposite.
- Why, after the dental implant feel a slight discomfort?
There may be a slight discomfort that can occur after anaesthesia effect (after completing the intervention, regardless of the number of implants inserted discomfort is minimal and totally disappears after about 48 hours! The discomfort is the fact that the gum is easily defeat in the intervention area.
- If I insert more dental implants in the same meeting I will hurt hotter?
The pains are close to zero even if the insertion of implants in the same 10 meeting will be just a slight discomfort but that subsides. Therefore, it is recommended that after each intervention, regardless of the number of implants inserted, a treatment with antibiotics taken orally and is associated with the antiimflamatoare to reduce the inflammation in the area of intervention.
- I have to follow several indications after dental implant?
There are a number of indications post implant which must be complied with:
- immediately after the insertion of the implant intervența are recomadă rigorous hygiene of oral cavity;
- applying cold compresses to the area of intervention implant
- If implants are loaded immediately with provisional teeth, then it is recommended that extra attention to diet;
- on the first day after the operation do not disturb the area! You can wash up on the teeth, but gently and with care. Smoking will delay healing!
- on the first day after the operation you may want to relax in bed;
- eat any nutritious food which can be masticat easily and avoid extremely hot foods. In the early days is a good idea to eat foods such as: soups, yogurts, milkshakes etc. Avoid eating until feeling of amorțire of the tongue does not go away. Avoid foods such as rice, grains, peanuts, nuts, popcorn, etc., which can reach the area of the operation. It is very important that you don't skip meals! If you plug in a regular basis you will feel better, you'll regain force and you will have less discomfort and you will heal faster.
Do not forget! Each case is unique, no two mouths are alike. It's not accept benevolent advice from friends. Discuss the issues you have with the dentist who is able to assist you efficiently.
Do you need a dental implant or even more?
We offer information and a personalized treatment plan.
Read and. ..