Endodontics ( endonym = inside and dental = tooth) is the branch of dentistry that deals with diseases of the dental pulp (nerve) .
Endodontic treatment, also known as root canal treatment , is recommended when dental pulp is infected. Dental pulp infection usually occurs because of large cavities or teeth attached to old fillings , but it can also occur because of trauma or periodontal disease .
If the infection is not treated in time, the root tip tissue will also be damaged, affecting periodontal ligaments that sustain the tooth onto the bone. Infection spreading to adjacent tissue may have serious consequences, such as loss of teeth or subsequent bone infection.
Depending on the inflammatory process, the endodontic treatment may require several treatment sessions .
The ultimate goal of the treatment is to eliminate pain, affected tissues and clog the entire length of the root canals .
DentComplet performs this treatment using the latest and safest technology in the field:
- Retro – digital radiography for root anatomy
- Diga – perfect isolation of the tooth with saliva contamination , and patient protection against unpleasant taste of substances
- Apex locator VDW – to determine the exact electronic channel length
- Preparation and mechanical widening of the channels with the most modern endodontic motor VDW GOLD to remove damaged tissue
- Hot obstruction with gutta – tight sealing and filling of channels
Once the treatment ofthe tooth root canal is completed, we recommend tooth restoration using a glass fiber pivot to replace lost tissue , and then coating of the tooth with a dental crown to protect against fractures . Any tooth with nerve becomes very fragile and brittle over time, increasing its susceptibility to fractures .
If a tooth fracture propagates over the tooth root, the tooth becomes completely unusable and will require immediate extraction.