Speaking more often in the field of dental aesthetics about dental veneers. Many patients find out about them and remain with questions that don't get clear answers. Our purpose is to clarify some of the most common questions, because only so our patients will be able to understand if dental veneers are right for them or not.
What are dental veneers, so?
Dental veneers are thin coverage entirely made of ceramics. The principle on which it works is similar to the technical, applied over nail natural nail. The role of the facets is so functional nature, for raising the quality of the teeth and the nature of aesthetics.
How do I apply?
After sanding very fine, on the order of a millimeter, the tithes of some segments of the natural tooth, the tooth's surface applying facets elected, with a special adhesive. There was no pain at the moment of applying. In the worst case, there's a little discomfort in the gums, while applying, but it can be solved with local anesthetic. The treatment is so invasive aesthetic result is spectacular!
In what situations are dental veneers?
- When there are large fillings (fillings) and unsightly;
- If some of the teeth are too small;
- teeth that have undergone changes color;
- If there are spaces between the teeth, such as Silvia (diastema);
- If there have been accidents/trauma to the teeth;
- slight changes in the position of the teeth;
However, there are some contraindications of dental porcelain veneer:
- If there is excessive space between teeth (in this case it will recommend an orthodontic control);
- destructive habits such as grinding, teeth for teeth;
- If oral hygiene is not rigoroasa, because the natural tooth can be affected by decay;
- untreated cavities accordingly;
Now that I found out indications and contraindications of dental porcelain veneer will expose facets are:
- the fact that training is minimal enough teeth before application;
- facets ceramic resistance is very good;
- These restores colour, transparency and tooth form, to an aesthetic ideal.
Disadvantages of facets are as follows:
- Special attention is required before acceptance of the facets of the patient, so that after cementing can no longer make changes;
- treatment with veneers require several visits to the dentist before application, because it involves dental laboratory and, being so required making samples before their final application.